Sunday, July 08, 2007

Back in the Game

Sometimes all that throat-clearing before I finally get out the door can really cause problems. If I'd gone out at dawn, when my sister-in-law did, or at 8:30 when I got up after another night of crummy sleep, or even at 10:30 after she and her carload of kids (including one of mine) had gone, I'd have enjoyed cool weather for a nice run. But by the time I got myself out the door it was past noon, and the sun was beating down - at least 85 degrees (it felt hotter on the pavement.) I let myself off easy - a 2.3 miler, figuring it was my first time in this heat in a while. (Not since the triathlon, in fact.) I put bandaids over the spot where I keep getting blisters, and my shoes and feet felt fine the whole way. After, I did about 20 minutes of weights and abs using my new stretchy bands, the big ball, and my dumbbells, which have all been gathering dust for months.

Considering I was so tired yesterday I was convinced I had some dread disease, I'm pleased. This has been an easy few weeks, workout wise, but it's time to step it up with another tri a month away.

So, to borrow a phrase, the plan is this:
Monday swim a.m.
Tuesday: spin a.m. TI swim lesson pm
Wednesday: run a.m.
Thursday: personal training session to get some new workouts from Helen that I can do at home to strengthen arms, core, etc and bump up my metabolism a bit. I'm taking the day off, so might add biking and open-water swimming (to practice my new skills) if Tina wants to go the very day after her latest triathlon.
Friday: Either swim or run, depending on what I did the previous day.
Saturday - nothing - I'll be working from 8:30am to 9:30 pm. If you're in town, come to the Greenscape Market and the Family Arts Festival!
Sunday... if I live that long! -- some kind of longer workout - swim or run plus open-water swim. (I've decided that, once I've done that TI workshop all my open-water problems will be over!)

Stay tuned - I'm back in the game!

4 comments:

LBTEPA said...

mate, I feel your pain! There's always something that 'needs' to be done, then your exercise gets later and later...so hard especially with broken sleep! But you're doing really well (I'm a wimp about heat & would have stayed home LOL)

KrissyGo! said...

Good job getting out there! I personally count on the weather to give me a good excuse to stay indoors.

:(

Leanne said...

hello jenny, thanks for leaving a comment on my toothfairy post the other day. ive just read your post and im amazed at how your so dedicated to keeping fit,even though you have a busy lfe. i wish i could be more like you. im usually to shattered lol! x

Chris said...

Oh, the guilt, the guilt...

My friend Kari & I were training for a mini-triathlon in mid-Sept. when we both decided that might be a bit too ambitious. Not enough time to train, kids who neeeeeeeeeed us all the time, the small matter of needing to drop about 20 post-partum pounds. I'm going to read more of your blog when I have more time (ha!), but kudos to you for doing it!