Saturday, March 24, 2007

Long time gone!

I haven't been posting but I have made progress. I didn't work out every day while I was on vacation, but it almost felt like every other day was even better - I had more energy to work out harder and longer. I went running twice, took a very hard 6o minute spin class, and when I got home I went for my longest run yet - 45 minutes (with a few walking rests in the middle at the tops of hills). I have to drive the route in my car to see how far it was, but I'm guessing around 3 miles. I swam (paddled, really) once while away, playing with the kids in the pool, and had a 20 minute swim yesterday. Now I feel like it's the home stretch - less than 2 1/2 months to go, time to really, really get serious! What exactly does that entail? Well, I'm not exactly sure, but longer harder workouts, double workouts and more outdoors - I have to get out on my bike now that the snow is melting!

1 comment:

RUTH said...

Glad the snow is melting at last. Haven't been on a bike for years, except for a quick go on one of our grandaughters; good excercise though.