Sunday, September 16, 2007

Interesting fact

Did you know that if you do something regularly, with effort and intention, you get better at it? I have just discovered this fascinating fact! For lo these many months, I'd believed that 'my body isn't made for running" - that my weight, my knees, my feet, all made it better if I only run every 5 or 6 days at most, because otherwise I'd hurt myself, overstrain, etc. This week, for various reasons, I ran a hard. fast (for me)flat 30 minutes on Wednesday, a long and hilly 35 minutes on Thursday, and a rolling 45 minutes on Saturday. Three runs in four days. And felt GREAT - stronger and faster than I have in a long time! And did a hard hour-long bike ride today, feeling fine all the while (I have another hour to go to get home from here, if I can fix a cleat problem with no tools. If I can't I have to get my husband to pick me up!)

Just thought I'd share!

3 comments:

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Hi Jenny, I just need this post from you, I did not sport for 3 weeks because of the flu, bu I did blog more so YES I got better in blogging (is also practising English for me...)

Tomorrow I start with my gymn again help me by supporting me :) !

I hope your running goes bettere day by day! :)GOOD LUCK!

LBTEPA said...

LOL you go running Jenny!

Mike said...

Why oh why didn't someone tell me this before! :)

Regularly with effort and intention you say? I'll give it a go :)

If it worked for you maybe, just maybe .....