Saturday, October 18, 2008

Steady now

This is how I'm going to get to Philadelphia: (or I should say, get through Philadelphia) - keep going out for my daily runs and workouts even when I don't feel like it. This week so far: ran 8 miles on Monday, rested Tuesday, did 2 fast (for me) miles Wednesday, spinning Thursday, rest Friday. Tomorrow will be a 9 mile run so today I did 3 very easy miles - some jogging, some fast walking with friends. I need to add at least one swim into this mix, and some core work. And those short runs should probably be a little longer. But I think this will be good enough.

This week the plan is:
Sunday (as previously mentioned): 9 miles
Monday: short run with the group.
Tuesday: rest or cycle, 10 mins core
Wednesday: Swim
Thursday: Spin am, short run with group pm
Friday: Rest, 10 mins core
Saturday: 10 miles.
Sunday. Rest!

The next weekend I go to Ohio so any run will probably be short (or some hotel cardio machine). Although: there are some lovely metropark trails in Cleveland, from what I can tell online. Anyone familiar?

The weekend after that there is a 5K race.

The weekend after that is the weekend before the half-marathon.

So when will I get in my last long run???

No comments: