Monday, August 24, 2009

Back on the road

After about six weeks off for physical therapy, rest, and lots of drugs (Mobic, a strong anti-inflammatory) I ran yesterday. I took it easy - ran 2, walk one, for not quite three miles. I felt GREAT. Legs a little heavy, but not terrible, and I didn't feel like I'd lost too much endurance despite the fact that my swim and elliptical workouts have averaged only about 20-30 minutes, 3- 4 times a week. It was just nice to be outdoors, on a not-too-hot late summer evening, feeling myself work.

After, I stretched well, iced for 20 minutes, took my mobic, and woke up feeling pretty good this morning - very little tenderness. I'm still going to ease my way back in, trying make sure I alternate with bike, elliptical and swimming as much as possible.

I'm not sure what goal to shoot for now as far as races - I wasn't going to do the Dutchess County Classic (half-marathon, one month from now) anyway, but the Harvest Heart 10k is in about 6 or 7 weeks - that could be doable. I don't see Philly in my future either - a half-marathon in 3 months? Or I could just try for a fall 5k (maybe Falls Village) and then work my way back to longer distances for spring. I guess I'll see how training goes in the next few weeks and decide by late September.




3 comments:

Unknown said...

Listen to your body and you'll know which next race is right for you.

Best wishes!

LBTEPA said...

What Lisa said! That's great news!

Unknown said...

Wildcraft features slingleather baggage to get women and men. Wildcraft sling baggage will be simple to use to get diverse applications. rolex replica These are typically ample plus robust to prevent a person's information safe regularly. fake chanel handbags Out there in various subdued tones coupled with sophisticated layouts plus posters, all these sling baggage intensify your entire glance plus identity. replica dior Wildcraft features sling set baggage to get women and men. fake louis vuitton bags Based for 27th August, 1998, Wildcraft China Confidential Reduced provides a person's traveling obligations by way of presenting a number of baggage devised for precise applications. gucci replica It started off around 1990 should the causes with Wildcraft would not obtain excellent devices to get excursion trips resulting from unavailability with brought in supplies at that time. By using background scenes around archaeologist, that it was highly tricky for any causes to make all these baggage.