Friday, February 16, 2007

Tough day

I've been trying so hard to focus on running - in part because I really need to get up the mileage and the speed, and because the doctor said my back would hurt less if I run more. I read a book called Chi Running, which helped me shave a minute or so off my mile time (from 13+ to 12 or less) but it's hard to keep it up. I've been sick the last week or so, and have used that as an excuse to run less, or shorter. There's always an excuse - I only swam 10 minutes on Monday because I was a bit woozy; ran 17 minutes on Tuesday (but at a decent pace), did nothing on Wednesday because of the snow day (just my back exercises), nothing on Thursday except for shoveling (except ditto) and today ran for 19 minutes (much slower than last time) because I still didn't feel great. At this rate I will not be ready! I need to start doing longer runs, bricks, work with coaches or take classes - I have only 3 1/2 months to go!

1 comment:

RUTH said...

Now do I say "You should take it easy as you've not been well" or should I say "Come on Stop making excuses and get on with it".....my heart says the first but with only 3 1/2 months to go my head says the latter. I really can't believe how these months have passed by!