Saturday, December 22, 2007

Runner!

For at least a month, maybe more, I've been doing everything but run, trying to rest and heal my hamstring and the tendons that attach it to the hip joint. The muscle feels fine now - I've been doing tons of stretching so I'm more limber than I've been in ages. (I used to be a dancer but I can't imagine I'll ever get anywhere near the flexibility I had back then!) The tendon still aches when I put strain on it - spinning doesn't bother it, nor elliptical, but just about any other weight bearing exercise does. However I couldn't wait any longer - I did 20 minutes slow jog (4.5 mph) on the treadmill today. It felt - OK. The aches is there, but it didn't get any worse as I went along. I'll try it again in a day or two.

By the way, the vitamins and supplements I've now been taking for about six weeks seem to really help - thanks, LBTEPA!

The stunning silence in the comments area from my last post leads me to believe that I revealed too much!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Good job getting on the treadmill for a run!

Anonymous said...

Great news! You continue to be an inspiration. Don't read anything into the lack of comments; we are just waiting for more from you, a different type of blog, as you have been promising.

LBTEPA said...

I wasn't ignoring you, I was handing in my thesis :)
Well done on NOT GIVING UP! These types of injuries seem to take forever but slowly and surely you will make it :)
I am so glad the vitamins are helping ((hugs))

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Thnaks Jenny for all your TRInews and running I am always ery interested in your blog!

I wish you a good and merry Christmas with your Partner, friends or family, and I show you some Christmas "decorations and music/habits' on my blog come and see my blog, thanks for being sunch a good blogvisiter,

Christmas greetings from JoAnn