Saturday, June 07, 2008

Another day, another race

This one was supposed to be a 10k, but I'm just not there yet. If it hadn't been a 95 degree day (over 8o already when we started) I might have tried it anyway, but it was brutally hot and the course was quite hilly so I"m glad I stuck with the 5. As it was, I took five more minutes than I had in the race a few weeks ago - a 43 minute finish. WALKERS finished ahead of me. At one point I sat down for a moment in the shade, but a policeman directing traffic teased me. I started to tease him back, sayinjg "you're not out here running" but he pointed out that I wasn't out there in a heavy blue uniform protecting the public. Point taken - I carried on. It was another Marathon Project event - only 2 kids from our group went (the 2 best boys) - one placed 3rd overall and 1st in his age group, the other was the youngest kid in his age group so just missed placing but did very well. My colleague ran too but hadn't slept well nor eaten breakfast so she lost it after the first mile - she walked in and then felt horrible.

After the race, I went back and spent the rest of the day in the hot sun - now I'm sweating in front of a puny fan because I'm too lazy to set up the air conditioner. Maybe my husband will do it tomorrow - the weather is only supposed to get worse!

1 comment:

LBTEPA said...

Well done running in the heat! 95- yuck!