Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I'm learning, I think.

So of course, having had two kick-ass runs over the weekend, I went out with the kids today for a 4 miler - all hills, where we go. (No more of those lovely flat beach runs!) I had nothin', kids. Nothing in the tank. I was shooting for a 4:1 run/walk, but after about 30 minutes, it was just about all walk. It wasn't hot, wasn't cold (but it was sunny and the earpiece had fallen off my pretty new Kenneth Cole sunglasses (and my dinged up pair that I use for workouts is probably under a bunch of crap on the floor of my car or something similar) so the sun did bother me. End of nested parentheses.) My blisters were fine, my achilles tendon ached slightly but not enough to really be a factor - I was just empty.

But I know now that it doesn't mean I'm crap, doesn't mean I have to start all over at the beginning. I will run again on Friday (short) and Sunday (long) and I will be fine. And I will do a 10k next Saturday, and I will be very slow, and I will finish.

But - I do have to deal with the food thing. So far the hypno isn't making enough of a difference. I think it's gotta be Weight Watchers. It's weird to start on a Thursday so I might wait til Monday, not sure. But with all the ups and downs my weight is pretty much exactly what it's been for the last few months - all the times I said I lost a few pounds apparently were lies. I'll put the real number down on the first day I officially start WW (notice how I'm avoiding to actually commit, here - there is nothing ACTUALLY stopping me from signing up NOW) but my loyal readers know already it's a really ugly number (it starts with a 2.)

3 comments:

Calyx Meredith said...

Your runs are inspiring! I'm having such a hard time pushing myself past the two and three mile marks! I've been thinking about WW too. I seem to lose one pound and gain 2! After eight weeks of training, that's not getting me anywhere NEAR where I want to be. Thank you for posting about your achievements and your struggles! Good wishes coming your way from a southerly direction. :D

LBTEPA said...

"But I know now that it doesn't mean I'm crap, doesn't mean I have to start all over at the beginning."
How that made me to read that :)

Mike said...

Good Luck!